Wednesday 1 August 2012

Reading 7


The title of today’s article is “understanding content curation”, but unfortunately, I still do not really understand what the author means by “content curation”. I have only really heard the word curating in the context of museums or art galleries where a curator is responsible for putting together a collection. When the author talks about “curating resources to accompany the backwards-planned, inquiry-based units of instruction”, what does she mean? Does she mean that teachers carefully put together resources that the students can then explore on their own? But what does she mean by students being curators? The author does not really explain how students can contribute to the process. The whole article seems rather abstract to me, and I feel like I do not have enough of an understanding of the basic term (curating) in order to understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment